PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Stick Turned Blue

Have you ever had one of those days when you just wanted to start all over. Nothing went the way you thought. Every conversation ended in a way not intended; you just should have gone right back to bed. I had one of those days a week ago Monday. I found myself emotional,  filled with nausea and misunderstood at every turn. In my head I was trying to give myself the 123 pep talk. You know where you tell yourself to take a deep breath and count to 3. In the midst of that pep talk I had a revelation. Could it be? No! It can't be!

I got off work and drove directly to the store. I walked down the aisle and found it. The test that would tell me everything. I drove home said hello to my husband. Walked right into the bathroom and took the test. I closed my eyes, flipped the test over and saw the result. I proceeded to march myself right out of that bathroom and threw the test at my husband. He looked at it, looked at me and said REALLY?

If you haven't figured it out the test told me I was pregnant with our 4th child. Now some of you might not think it to be such a big deal, however I just had our 3rd child four months ago! We weren't even sure we wanted to expand our family any further.  After the immediate shock wore off and we received confirmation from the doctor, we were excited and ready to welcome this little one as an addition to our family.

I pray for full nights rest and two year old meltdowns to be avoided. Until that season comes, I am blessed to be a mother balancing the craziness of life.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is some crazy momma drama!:) But it will be amazing just like all your other bundles of joy have been!!! Love you mama!!