PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Madness and Crafting

This week has been pure madness! Between my already crazy house of 2 year old fits and "mom she won't stop touching me", I had a million doctors appointments. Oh ya, did I mention my six year old started 1st grade! We school at home using a great program called K-12. We LOVE it.

In the midst of that, all I could think about was getting ready for my grand opening in September and how much stuff I had to get done. All this while trying to obey doctors orders and remain on bedrest.
So I decided to take a breather and get some crafting done.

I tried my hand at kids aprons. I won't be posting a picture as it didn't turn out the way I thought. So I learned, took notes and will try again this weekend on another apron. Instead I reverted to making some stuff for my shop. My favorite item I made is a Teal Satin & Organza Flower Headband. I used the technique of melting the edges and had all sorts of fun. Take a look:





Isn't she pretty:) I love feathers and especially saddleback feathers. I attached this beauty of a flower to a black satin metal headband. I think the piece kinda looks like something from the 1940's. I think I will expand this line into the bridal arena with some bird cage veil. Oooo maybe even a top hat to wear to a horse race or something. Is it just me or dressing up in fancy attire to go to a horse race just seems right. Maybe it's because last family night we watched Secretariat and I love love loved that movie. I will be setting up a tutorial soon for these flowers so keep watching:))))

Until next time........











No comments: